With the digital age upon us, branding is an essential ingredient in any online marketing or traditional advertising campaign thus the real estate branding. No truer is this then when it comes to the fierce and competitive real estate development market. Even with real estate sales soaring across the globe, the business of building and selling properties can be tedious and challenging at best. With this in mind, a reputable and respected brand image can truly be a developer’s most valuable asset. Not only does the right branding campaign showcase a company’s unique values – it also helps establish credibility, recognition, and true professionalism across the board.
Branding Matters for Developers
Branding can even propel real estate developers to new heights in this fast-paced and ever-changing market. According to industry experts, there is a high dropout rate among builders that cannot meet client and industry demands on a consistent and recurring basis. As a result, it is imperative for any developer to build a name that inspires buying confidence and sells his or her projects. Branding should also take the following into account:
- Meeting buyer, seller, and investor demands – understanding what qualities, products and services are important to them.
- Staying abreast of all the latest real estate development trends and changes – this helps keep your brand fully visible and engaged with the buying and selling market at large.
- Winning over the confidence and trust of buyers and sellers by effectively showcasing and highlighting your industry accolades and achievements.
- Monitoring your online and industry reputation with effective management tools; including social media integration, mobile, blogging, and especially responding to client testimonials and industry reviews in a timely and professional manner.
Important Steps in Branding Your Real Estate Business
Real estate development branding can generate leads, profits, and recurring business. It can also help your business grow and flourish while establishing a loyal client base. Most of all, branding help companies land highly visible and extensive residential or commercial projects. This can result in a long-standing presence in the property market, which can help to validate your brand as a truly competitive and professional entity. While there are no set rules when it comes to branding campaigns, here are a few constants that developers should keep in mind:
Make Your Presence Known
Whether for new or seasoned developers, you must make your presence and brand known. In fact, keeping up appearances is simply vital in this industry – where things can change at a moment’s notice. With this in mind, you need to attend major real estate events, including property exhibitions and symposiums. These are great platforms for networking with other developers while offering new projects to buyers and investors. This helps put your brand into the limelight –and lets others know that you are here to stay.
It is also imperative to advertise your projects and listings to core, niche, or mass audiences. This can be done via social media platforms and especially property-related and trade publications. In fact, advertising your products and services in weekly periodicals is the best way to stay engaged, informed, and in touch with prospective buyers, sellers, and investors. With recurring media exposure, you can generate a lasting buzz about your real estate development and firm. Similarly, the brand name will be firmly imprinted in the minds of buyers and sellers.
Other key elements of branding include but are not limited to:
- Branded builders may be able to determine certain trends on the property market. While this may take some time to come to fruition, the rates you charge for projects can also decide the rates of similar projects in your respective locality or vicinity. This allows you to steer the market – and clients will look to you first before making a worthwhile and informed buying or selling decision.
- Branded developers will build reputations that they must protect and live up to. They will also create lasting friendships and relationships with buyers, sellers, and clients. As a result, it is imperative to ensure high-quality construction and services with every project. You also need to be conscientious of property location and the amenities and benefits your properties offer to the public.
Great Developers That are Doing it Right
With countless global real estate development firms, it is impossible to highlight all the agencies that have reaped the benefits of branding and mass promotion. However, there are some developers that have truly set examples for other firms to follow. This includes Emaar Properties and Barratt Developments, which continue to invest time, money, and effort in building their brand images. While these companies are globally renowned and firmly entrenched as market leaders – they never cease to revamp or enhance their images to correlate with the current and burgeoning trends.
- Reliable construction that seamlessly blends in with existing environments, decor, and surroundings.
- Cutting-edge, innovative, and imaginative yet practical designs.
- Choice locations and desirable amenities and benefits for buyers, investors and sellers.
- Affiliations with all relevant industry associations – resulting in true credibility and accountability.
Like Emaar and Barratt, DAMAC Properties is also considered an industry leader in real estate development. They too have invested countless dollars in promoting their brand and services to mass clients and consumers. The company not only has a solid market reputation but continues to deliver consistent quality and value with all residential and commercial projects.
DAMAC Properties is also the brainchild behind the popular Akoya 02 brand. With a strong emphasis on green and environmentally-friendly options, the company fused lavish and elegant living spaces with environmental conscious benefits. The global campaign effectively attracted and engaged scores of investors that wanted to reside in cost-efficient homes nestled within serene and tranquil environments.
Benefits and amenities included:
- Eco-friendly interiors and fresh, clean air.
- Solar powered communities and landscape irrigation systems.
- Fountains, bicycling/walking paths, and community-based recycling.
- Hybrid and electric car support.
Akoya 02 now has an extensive waiting list – and is situated on the outskirts of Dubai, UAE. DAMAC formulated a comprehensive and cohesive branding platform that utilized social media, mobile real estate ads, and traditional marketing to reach mass audiences – especially clients and prospective homeowners that wanted to reap the benefits of energy-efficient properties.
These are but a few examples of how branding is vital in establishing credibility and professionalism for real estate developers. For more information, simply consult with branding and advertising companies to help your real estate business flourish and expand.