So your client is finally ready to buy a home. This can be one of, or if not, the biggest investment of their life. Providing a basic understanding of real estate knowledge is crucial for their success as you are introducing a world of information and value to your prospective leads.
As a real estate agent, your goal for your buyer or seller clients is to,
Minimize their risks and maximize their profits!
But as a top agent, by now you have recognized that you must use the power of specific questioning to get the answers you need, as:
The Power Of Questions in Real estate
That simple “smile and sell” approach won’t get you too far in the real estate field. Agents now strive to find ways to increase their probability of success while at the same time reducing failure. They do this through adding specific value to their clientele in order to differentiate from other professionals.
Questions can act as a leverage for real estate negotiations as you completely find out all the reasons your seller client want to sell or buyer clients want to buy, you now have more information for deals.
Vice Versa, you can use questions to find out valuable information about the opposing side in order to leverage your negotiation.
There are several questions you must ask your clients, that allows you to use both logic and emotions to guide them to their final decision.
Questions to Ask your Seller Client:
- How long have you been living at your property?
- How long has your property been on the market?
- How many different offers have been put on your property?
- Are you going to be investing your money from the sale?
- How much do you owe on the property?
- Are you in a rush to sell (pressure)?
- Are the payments current?
- Is there a reason why you want to sell? (Use your professionalism to see if they are strong reasons)
- Are there any hidden problems with the property that you might want to share with me, so I can help?
- Is there anything around the area that may affect the value of the property (Positive/negative)
- You’ve lived here for a while, any problems with the neighborhood? Any recommendations? (Ask Neighbors)
Questions to Ask your Buyer Client:
- How soon do you need to buy the home?
- Do you have any specifications regarding the area where you’d want to live in?
- If you are using financial aid, you will need prequalified or preapproved financing before looking at the home, I will gladly recommend you a lender, sounds good?
- Has a lender prequalified you for a loan? How much?
- Do you have any special requirements for the property?
- Will this be the first home you are purchasing?
- What special requirements do you need in a property?
- Let’s say we find the perfect property right now, are your prepared to make your decision?
Accepting clients prematurely can be a real estate nightmare. Working with indecisive, or demanding clients is always possible in this industry, and I am telling you this now, it is not worth the struggle. You are a professional, you provide valuable real estate information to help their journey. The right questions result in answers you can use to your benefit, although many of us are not skilled in the art of questioning, what we can do is – practice . Practice and building rapport through questions will allow you to grow your relationship with your clientele.
However, as much as it is important to ask the right questions, it is also important to document the answers as it’ll help you to build the client profile allowing you collect the area dynamics too.